Monday, February 28, 2011

SHOES, Glorious shoes....


While I was listing shoes today, the old Oliver song, "Food, glorious food" had its lyrics swapped around in my head. Its shoes! SHOES! "Shoes, glorious shoes...."

Lately I've been setting my "vintagedar" on high for unusual shoes for my shop. I love shoes. I've never had the money to have 60 pairs of designer shoes in some rotating platform in a walk-in climate-controlled closet, but I have had quite a few pairs of cool vintage ones in my life. When I was 15 I found a pair of blue suede pointed toe 50s heels with dainty little gold chains all around the opening. I wore those babies and walked many miles in them until they literally fell apart! However, having size 9 feet does tend to narrow the choices some. So, like all my vintage, I buy it to admire, touch and examine it, and then sell it to someone else who can actually wear it.
So, today I share with you what I consider some of etsy's most daaahhling spring shoes! Shush! You can thank me later, dahling.

Pastel embroidered floral shoes - New Vitality available at HipandVintage

Fruity tootie delicious- even my size!

1950s-'60s bone white shoes - Martinique available at Tiddleywink

Some serious ladylike behavior is required.....No! Optional....

Ferragamo spring green fabric and patent stripe available at Tinygirl

Delicious citrus- these just make me crave a gin and tonic


Hipoppotomus vintage 70s cherry red woven leather clogs available at BirdsChasingBugs

Saucy with a pair of skinny jeans!


And of course, what kind of vintage dealer would I be lest I forget to show you my own beauties:

Geppetto 60s mod pastel graphic heels available at Jojo's Retro and Vintage

for the delightfully insane. Really love, all the best people are!

See you at the shop!



4 comments:

  1. I love the red clogs! Too bad they're not my size. Nice article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! I am a size 10 and it is near to impossible to find modern shoes in my size, let alone vintage. I think I can go back as fat as the 70's before I have to wonder if they will even fit.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear a 9 as well, so I'm filled with extra glee when I find vintage in my size. The rest go in the shop! Thank you for featuring me among this bevy of beauties.

    ReplyDelete